Sunday, March 23, 2008

I think I'm getting OLD-er.

How do you know when you're getting OLD-er? I suddenly feel that I am.... there are a few incidents.

1) When I used to meet up with my jiemeis, we either got kbox, gossip about old school mates, play mahjong for hours, or look up people's friendsters and laugh at their pictures.

NOW... when I met up with Pam, all we did was talk about serious relationships, money, housing loans, etc. WTF?? Then we met up again the following week and gym'd, not gossiping about old school mates or anything..... ARGH. I'm totally losing my 38-ness.

Next time u all see me, better throw some juicy gossip my way.

2) The little kids I usually meet will play with me and their parents will ask them to call me "jiejie". Now suddenly I'm known as Auntie Brina by children @ church and friend's houses.

3) I used to club and pub every week, and sometimes even everyday. And when no pubs are open during the week, my sis and I would actually be desperate enough to hit some Thai Discos. Most of the times having to take turns to drink-drive home.

NOW... I went to zouk with my boyfriend last week (complaining and nagging the whole time about having to dress up and go to a crowded place when all I wanted to do was sit at home and watch TV) to meet his colleagues. I insisted that I will not step into phuture (young kids place) and I will only go to Velvet. But apparently his colleague opened a bottle and I found a stool so I'm happy just sitting and drinking. I started talking to his aprox. 30 yr old colleague, and he told me he hangs out at Lunar, DblO, MOS, etc. OMG, I used to go to DblO with my cousin (loved the ladies night free flow)... but that was DAMN long ago. Like, she's ACTUALLY a mother now. I'm totally OUT of the clubbing phase. Oh, and we took a cab coz Jason refused to let me drive while I'm drinking (he's becoming UNCLE too nowadays).

4) ULTIMATE: On saturday, I woke up at 12pm, washed up, watched TV for 2 hours then NAPPED till 7pm before going for dinner with my family. While I napped, Jason watched 'Skin Crawlers' on his laptop and did miscelleneous stuff around the house.

What happened to the Saturdays when we were so bogged down with social events like birthdays, BBQs, parties, cycling, etc??? SATURDAY LEH!!! The only day I get off from school and work and church... and I chose to SLEEP.


Apparently, here's what Violet and I do for fun now.

Hit the store and try on lame hats.

We should move to texas and hook some cowboys. HAhaha.

Trannys, Vikings and Weird Pink haired ladies never looked so good.
Our Bondage/BDSM costumes for next Halloween.
We tried to look fierce like some pirates of the carribbean picture but the blue price tags keep swinging to the front.... so Tak-Glam.

Anyway, BACK TO MY POINT of getting old.... and to the fact that my lovely cousin June who brought me clubbing since I was 14 and always hit ladies night with me... is now a mother.

I THINK I REALLY OVER THE HILL LIAO LA!!!! Sigh. At least I have an Uncle-ish boyfriend who doesn't mind me sleeping the weekend away and staying at home watching old DVDs with me.

And at least June jie has a really cute baby that I can play with once in a while.

YANDAO RIGHT??? My first Nephew!!!

Oh, and that night at zouk when jason didn't let me drive... I got totally drunk and on the way home in a cab, we got stopped at a road-block. Imagine if I drove!!!

anyway, PHEW.

No comments: