Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cleopatra was the queen of De-Nile.

Why is it that the greatest nights are always followed by the worse mornings? As I crawl into bed at 9am, I couldn't help but think back about the night I had at Butter Factory with my friends.

As usual, the moment we walked into the club, the 4 of us got our drinks, dance a little then got distracted by all the beautiful people and lost each other in the crowd. Andrea got really caught up with an ABC, and the boys were somewhere around checking out the chicks, and I was left to my own devices, chatting with random strangers.

Finally after a night of frolicking we all piled back into the getaway car and drove home (I bumped into Nick who somehow got roped into the backseat with me, and held me while I puked... Well, it's nice to know that chivalry isn't dead).

Then in my drunken stupor, I overheard the boys talking and I realized that well... girls' talk is over-rated. Men talk ALOT more than we do. And seriously, us girls are seriously misunderstood about men - forget all those "he's really cute" and "does he like me?" fluff... men's talk are waaaay more profound and goal-oriented than that.

It's amazing how different girls talking about what men what... can be so different from men talking about what they really want.

Here's some stuff I picked up on (based on what they say, not what they really do):

P/S: I don't endorse these ideas and neither do my friends (well not all of these ideas) - they're just offering me some insights on what most men might feel.


Women: "He's my bestfriend, we're so close that he treats me like one of the boys and he loves me for that."
Men: "I have my boys for stuff that I can't do with my girlfriend. If I see her as one of the boys, that could be a serious problem for me."

Women: "As long as our sex is good, there is no need for him to cheat on me."
Men: "Sex is sex, and pussy is pussy - there's nothing a woman can do to keep a man from cheating. IF he is going to cheat, he will. If he won't, he won't."

Women: "The more I have sex with him, the less he will have sex with other women."
Men: "The more I have sex with her, the more I tend to get bored and want to try something new."

Women: "He'll love me for being emotionally and physically available."
Men: "Do you really want a guy to love you for that - availability?"

Women: "I want to know everything about my boyfriend and he wants to know everything about me. We are totally honest with each other."
Men: "All relationships are built on a certain extent of denial - sometimes you deny that your girlfriend is cheating, other times you deny that you're in a relationship."

No comments: