Tuesday, July 31, 2007

sisterhood...

This is the place where we met, yes.. the once-was, now-gone, Dunman High... An unexpected reunion 4 years after we graduated. So much have changed, but we know somethings will always remain. Standing in front of the half torn-down school, we could almost hear the school bells ringing and MR Kiw's voice over the PA system.. the innocent screams and laughter of the school children resound vaguely...

im sure everyone will admit that secondary school days are the time where we seek our true selves, and if we decide that noone will accept us as we are, we conform to peer pressure.

That's how we found each other, unable to conform to the rest. Each of us special in our own way that only the other 3 can accept. Thus was created, the sisterhood. It's more than a friendship, it's support, it's love, it's acceptance. It made Dunman High more than a school, it became a home.

Skipping classes together, crying together and laughing together in the toilets... So much have happened, so much that became a huge part of my life. So much that I don't know what I would be without...

Inevitably, we moved on, each on our own path in life... I hate to think of what will happen to the sisterhood when Qiqi goes to study in america. it's like tearing out a part of my past... I remember our graduating year... in Ms Huda's English Class, we had to do an exercise of an eulogy.. write about our loved one missing... and here's what I read out loud in front of the entire class before I broke down in tears...

"if you love someone, let them go. if they come back, they're yours. if they don't, they never was...
When I was 6, you taught me how to ride a bike. You held onto the back of the bike as I tried to pedal. You promised you wouldn't let me go, and I trusted you. I pedalled faster and faster, certain that you were behind me all the way. but when i realized you had let go, I fell. I screamed at you and called you a liar. You let me down, I said... But instead of getting mad, you smiled and said you let me go coz you love me and wanted me to learn. I never understood, and I probably never will, but I know now I should let you go too coz I love you... I promise I'll try."

I love you Qi, and I want the best for you, so I wish you all the best in your studies abroad. Just remember no matter where you may go... u'll always have us, the love, and the sisterhood.

I love you girls so much... Thanks for all the sweet memories. I'm sure our sisterhood will last, but no matter what happens in future... thanks for everything, thanks for being you, and most importantly, thanks for letting me be me.

For now, let's revel in our dreams...

No comments: