Thursday, July 12, 2007

The smell of you.

i spray your cologne once again in the air;
and dance as the droplets fall on my face like mist.
the smell lingers on my face,
reminding me of our bitter-sweet goodbye kiss.

too soon the blanket of sparkling drops disappear,
too soon the smell is gone.
looking at the bottle in my hands,
i wonder if the short-lived fun, was so worth it.
i closed my eyes and pictured you;
afraid to waste more of the precious cologne.
the smell once again filled my mind;
oh, the power of my imagination.

a deep sigh, i wish you'd stay for longer;
yet i know i had to let you go.
i opened my eyes once more;
and the sight shocked me so.
saying you left something behind,
there you stood at the door.
i hold out your cologne, suddenly shy.
but you grabbed me into your arms instead,
and gently whispered, it's me you came back for.

No comments: