Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I float like a feather in a beautiful world.

Two paths ahead, but I see no end... the winding roads do not allow me to see past the bend.
One, with beautiful roses and their alluring scent... the way seems almost surreal.
The other, sturdy with paved assurance, not as fine as the first, but more stable.

Yet, walking down either one would be a risk - the risk of not walking the other.
I was pretty sure that at least one of them will lead to someplace magical... perhaps both will, perhaps neither.
And as much as I'd like to believe it's the path so fair that will lead me there, something tugs at my heart strings to tell me to beware - wisdom it seems, reminds that dedication and devotion trumps passion.

So I took the confident path, the one with caution. It seems easy and comforting.
I knew each step would be followed with a certain next.
The rhythm in my footsteps resounded with safety and security, and I should be so lucky.

But alas, what a temptress the scent can be.
Flirty fingers from the roses reach across and attempt to lure me away from my sanctuary.
I steal guilty glances across at the other path and I wonder if it's because I had cast it aside, but suddenly it seems even more alluring.
Like a lady possessed, I ventured a step out of my way, then another.

I tried to resist, for I hated to leave the comfort and security.
But beauty beckons and all I could do was to respond...
Before long, I was basking in the delicate elegance, intoxicated by charm.
I feel my last shred of caution dissolve in hot passion.

I sneaked a peek at my old santuary. it's nice to know it's still there, running right along side should I need a shelter.
But I know that if I ran this way too long, the paths will part and it'll be harder to get back on the other track.
There's a chance this road might not even lead anywhere... (do I feel caution coming back to bring me home?)

Here I stand, in the middle of 2 roads...
Prudence and armament holds my hand, while radiance and passion lures.

Which way should I go?

No comments: