Sunday, January 13, 2008

Out of the blue

days ago, my maid brought this package into my room, exclaiming to me with indo-accent: "jie! (that's what she calls us, coz she's only 18 this year. Cute right?) You got mail ah?"


I looked at the package quizzingly for a few reasons:
  1. I NEVER receive any mail except for Christmas cards or official letters (ie, credit card bills, parking/ERP fines, insurance mail, school mail).
  2. WHO do I know from China???
  3. This China person has my full name and address spelt perfectly + my HP number on the front. WTF?

So a feeling of paranoia overcame me. What if it's a stalker and there's a bomb inside? What if it's a dead dog or bear's paw or feotus tonic or whatever it is that China people love to eat and send across the globe? What if some kidnapper kidnapped my car, sent it to China, stripped it and sold the parts, and sent the remaining (ie, my cushions and pink dustbin) back to mock me?

But rationale quickly kicked paranoia in the butt (when I peeped out my bedroom window and saw my car perched beautifully on the front porch), and I decided that no freak or stalker from China would go to all the trouble just to bully someone in Singapore.

So I tore the packaging open and something cold and hard and weird looking dropped onto my lap.... EEEEEKKK!!!

CHEY. It's just the shoe stretcher I ordered from Ebay. So funny looking right?

Haha. Ok, I'm SUAKOO lah, never see shoe stretcher before or never order anything from Ebay before. But I must say, it works pretty well, since it stretches the shoe both sideways and lengthwise. The new pumps Jason bought for me was pinching my feet so I decided to purchase this.

AND it comes with bubble wrap, which I think is like a Bonus free gift... because who can resist popping bubble wrap, right?

Yippee! Pop! Haha! Pop! Pop! Pop!

Last night, after prayer meeting, Jason, Raj and I were on the way home, when Raj called David and David said he was on the way to JB for supper.. So we decided to go home, get our passports, and tag along for the trip. Woohoo! First roadtrip of the year 2008! Haha.

Food was damn cheap! We each changed SGD$10 to Ringgit, and we had more than enough for dinner + bubblegum. Quite a fun trip, except that it was nearly 1am in the morning and we were all in slippers + Shumi was in her Pyjamas.. Haha.

David ordered Hor Fun and Raj ordered Bee Hoon (which he didn't finish coz he ended up stealing David and my food, claiming that Bee Hoon is boring). The Hor Fun was different from Singapore's, and according to David, better. The Bee Hoon on the other hand, was as Raj sadly noted, "Aiyahh... Same like Singapore one....."

So Raj filled up on Teh-Peng (iced tea), convincing himself that it was free-flow since it costs only $0.30 per glass.

Jason and I never had the habit of eating in the middle of the night, so we decided to share a plate of Hokkien Prawn Mee, which turned out BROWN. Jason thinks it tastes like Lor Mee, but I think it's nicer than Lor Mee. It's not as watery and it tastes like Hokkien Mee, only a little sweeter and the noodles are softer, not as chewy... more like Mee Tai Mak (did I spell it right?) texture.

Anyway, we didn't take much pictures coz we were all half alseep.

But with roses from Jason, bubble wrap, and road trip... what nice surprises there were this week, ya?

No comments: