Monday, March 2, 2009

Merlion professor going through abortion.

Check out the recent news:


Call me unpatriotic, but I simply would not call this BREAKING NEWS:

Mr Anton Johannson, 23, from Sweden, was disappointed that he could not capture the Merlion 'in action'' on camera. It had stopped spouting water. But when told of the lightning strike, he cheered up: 'Now we have a story to tell people!''

Shawn says it's hilarious because he imagines God saying "take that, PAP!" as HE threw a lightning bolt at the merlion. Hahaha. I think it's quite funny, and how ironic that the PAP logo is a lightning bolt.

Ok, how about more serious stuff... like,

Professor stabbed by student.

This is more newsworthy, I think. But I'm really curious why the student stabbed the professor, it wasn't revealed in the article apparently. AY thinks it was a tussle over grades. I feel that it's rather sad if that was true.

Whatever happened to the enrichment of education? Is the system simply turning us all into grade-grinds? Pretty much noone else understands my zest for education and my love for going to school and sitting through lectures. I'll admit I was less than enthusiastic in my secondary school and poly days, but now at a college level, I realize that every lesson is enlightening. My textbook is like an encyclopedia of facts I can't wait to cram into my brain and my professors just help make it come to life. I simply love what I am studying.

Can we reduce all that knowledge and wisdom to a mere letter grade? When I didn't care for knowledge, I paid no heed to grades. I never understood the desire for a higher grade not accompanied by the thirst for knowledge.

Poor guy, poor professor. Victims or aggressors?


SAO PAULO (Brazil) - A NINE-YEAR-OLD girl pregnant after years of alleged sexual abuse by her stepfather is likely to abort twins she is carrying in a case that has shocked Brazil, reports in Sao Paulo said.

He also allegedly abused the girl's physically handicapped 14-year-old sister.

I've always been fascinate by sexual predators and what goes through their mind. (Especially since most rape cases are commited by someone the victim is close to.) It would take me ALOT to be able to hurt someone close to me physically, mentally and emotionally... and to do so intentionally to bring myself pleasure. I could never understand that.

Maybe it's because I am a woman? I decided to conduct my own field research. I pasted the above statements from the article to 4 guys who happened to be online at the time I came across this article and here's their responses.

Peace at last says (6:56 PM):
wow
there are alot crazy ppl in the world now

姐妹情深 bree blogs @ girlyjazz.blogspot [Wait in anticipation and fear, the Breevolution is near.] says (6:54 PM):
SAO PAULO (Brazil) - A NINE-YEAR-OLD girl pregnant after years of alleged sexual abuse by her stepfather is likely to abort twins she is carrying in a case that has shocked Brazil, reports in Sao Paulo said.
Steven says (6:55 PM):
ooh
interesting
姐妹情深 bree blogs @ girlyjazz.blogspot [Wait in anticipation and fear, the Breevolution is near.] says (6:56 PM):
He also allegedly abused the girl's physically handicapped 14-year-old sister.
Steven says (6:56 PM):
wow
haiz
life is decadent

Janson says (6:54 PM):
like WOW right
and e dad is an ASS
stepdad
ASS

shawn lee miller says (6:55 PM):
more fucked up news

So, I guess that pretty sums it up what the men think of such cases. I'm glad to know that they stand with me on my views =) Great job, guys!

No comments: