Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Forum Gathering..

I was invited to the Straits Times forum gathering today at SPH and decided to bring Jason along. Being grateful and helpful, Jason went to street directory.com at work to get directions and he printed out something that looked somewhat like a map.

The moment he met me, he told me to turn in between tower 2 and tower 3 of suntec city, to ECP. I immediately told him, if I turned there, it won't be ECP, it will be rochor road. Upon which, he looked at me incredously and exclaimed, "You doubt the MAP???!!"

Taken aback by his reaction, I told him very patiently, "no, honey... I don't doubt your map. I'm just telling you."
"Ok. But that's what the MAP said," Apparently, he swore by streetdirectory.com

After I turned, I told him "SEE, THIS ISN'T ECP, is it??" rather irritatedly, at the fact that he trusts the website more than his girlfriend.
"Fine. But the map said it was, why are you blaming me for what the map said??" he added stubbornly AGAIN.
"I'm not blaming. I just wanted you to know." I told him VERY patiently.
"I hate arguing with you, you know. I was just sharing with you what the MAP said," He said through contained anger, waving the papers around like a precious sutra. "If you think you know better than the MAP, you find your own way."

"Fine, pass me my paper", I snapped at him.
Upon which, he pulled out a crumpled piece of foolscap paper from my handbag, with a rough sketch of some map. As he stared at it unbelievably, I can almost hear his thoughts: What IN the DEUCE is that thing??? How can it compare to MY printed MAP with ARROWS???

Sorry lah, my printer broke down. Had to copy it off some website by hand.

I grudgingly shoved it under my seat and told him, "fine, we'll follow your map."
He immediately brightened up, consulted the sutra of roads and told me to turn towards the CTE, after which exit at braddell road, turn left, hit a T-junction and turn right, should reach already.

After we exited the CTE and hit braddell road, there was no T-junction. In utter shock and disappointment, Jason muttered devastatedly, "damn, the map is all wrong... I think we U-turn here and go back..."

Anyway, we finally found the place.

But due to the heavy downpour, most people were late, so we were considered rather early.

The talk was quite insightful, they tell us how the newspaper is being made, and they answered some pressing questions. Also, I learnt that for sports editing, the story has to be in within 5 mins after the game ends! So the article has to be written throughout the game. Cool! After that we had some delicious dinner and were supposed to tour the newsroom.. BUT my DAMN SHOES BROKE!!!

So tak-glam... broke right in the middle of the SPH there, and I told Jason better hurry leave later some reporter saw me and take picture then tomorrow I will be on headlines. Haha, as if they got nothing better to report.. But anyway, Damn sad lah!! Had to go home... so didn't get to tour the place.. SIAN.

At least we managed to get the goodie bag... a really nice gym/trolley bag.Singapore tourist in rome. Haha! Jason say the bag is good, can bring for holiday. This is how I will look like if I listen to him. Ok lah, quite cool ah? The bag came with 2 caps.

Don't think I will ever wear it out though... it has the words STRAITS TIMES FORUM on it.

Here's a picture I found in my phone. Jason snapped it during our month-sary dinner. He's damn funny, he loves to change the mode to sepia, take random shots and tell me, "See, I also can take artistic shots."

Speaking of artistic, here's the postcards I took from plush the other night. So pretty!!!



No comments: