Saturday, July 19, 2008

Be My Man

If you don't understand mandarin, too bad.

Sat in the car at the parking lot with violet, drinking Hooch, looking at stars and the Sentosa monorails and chatting.... And listening to this song.

Her: Bree, I just realized... I met S the same time you met J. We've been dating
different men since we became bestfriends and yet today, we're here just the 2
of us.
Me: People come and go in life, Vi. Men too. But bestfriends are forever.
Her: Yea. -passes me the bottle of hooch and takes a puff of her cigarette- I guess. WAit, did the guy (refering to the song) just say 'help you carry your high heel shoes'?
Me: Yea. (translating part of the lyrics) He said he'll take her for walks, shopping trips and to look for movie theatres... and if she gets tired, he'll carry her high heel shoes for her.
Her: Where to find such men, bree?
Me: Beats me. -gulps heavily on Hooch- If I knew I wouldn't be here, babe.

Hahaha. Depressing? Hardly. I've got my soulmate - what more can I ask for?

Ok, maybe the fictional guy in that song. IF he even exists.

No comments: