Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Middle of Nowhere.

I'm convinced that E-fei "educates" for the sole purpose of mocking my ignorance.

Remember Exhibit A when he told me that plants cried and I didn't know? I bet he was less than sympathetic about my underprivileged access to useless facts.

Today in class he enlightened me again. It all started when I, being such a sweet and innocent angel (who totally does not deserve that kind of mockery), decided to introduce myself to the new student in class and invite him to seat with us during lecture... and here's what E-fei did.

E-Meanie: Hey, gerard are you an exchange student?
New Kid: No, I'm an international student.
E-M: Oh, where are you from?
N.K: Dubai.
Me (the sweet innocent angel, as mentioned above): Oh, that's in India right?
E-M (bursting into uncontrollable fits of laughter): HAhaHAHAha. If you're gonna take a stab in the dark, at least guess somewhere in mid Europe la. Nearer.
Me: Oh, Dubai is near Europe. (I learn fast. Proud of myself.)
N.K: Yes. It's in the middle east.
Me: Turkey! That's in middle east. (Violet's ex was Turkish. So I know.)
N.K: Yes. (He must be impresed with my vast knowledge)
Me: Isreal! Middle east too. (from the bible.)
N.K: Yes. (He must be thinking I'm some kinda geography guru)
Me: Oh ok, so near the Jordan river, somewhere there.
N.K: Err, Yeah. It's near Emirates.
Me: Oh, the airlines!
N.K: Huh?
E-M: BWAhaHAhAHaHa -choked on his water and died laughing.-


............................wth.

By the way, can someone please tell me why it's called the Middle East?? East of what? And isn't the middle part of the east.... considered EAST as well????

Sigh. Too confusing.

No comments: