Saturday, February 21, 2009

My January Je t'adores...

Long long long overdue (and very long) post... (as the title suggests, a good 1 month overdue) hehe. But here's the pictures of some friends very very dear to me. And thank God I got to catch up with them before things got so hectic that I don't even have the time to blog about them!

I think it all started when Hui Ching & Albert wanted to watch 'Red Cliff' and they invited me.. and I brought Raj. After that, we headed over to *errr, i forgot the name* at Esplanade for dinner, which turned into supper coz we sat down and talk for hours. Haha.

I love them so much for the intellectual conversations we always have, on evolution vs creation, nature vs nurture, psychological and communications theories, Sigmund Freud theories (I know, we're geeks). We all have such differing views that we can debate for hours and learn so much from each other (because we are all learned in different fields of study). Je t'adore!!!

Hui Ching & Albert!
The look very attentive and preoccupied, don't they? Guess what caught their attention!

Rajwin & his theories about creation vs evolution!
I realize this is the first time (perhaps) that I'm introducing Hui Ching on my blog. Hehe. She's one of my dearest friends in college... I simply adore her! She's someone I can always talk to about anything at all. I remember how our project discussions always end in 15mins, but she and I will end up staying in school till really late coz we will chat for 4hours after that.

Oh, she's also my best work partner. We have great chemistry together and I love doing presentations with her... even though she and I have totally different styles (my presentations are radical and attention seeking, while hers are professional and organized), we are rather dynamic together! I have so much crazy ideas, and she's organized enough to execute them practically. She completes me :) Je t'adore!!

Albert is just one of the most brilliant minds I know. Ask him anything about anything. He's like a walking wikipedia... who agreed to help me build a PC, by the way *ahem*.. And for those things I just mentioned (among many other things of course), he's one of the most cherished friends I have in college. Je t'adore!!

(suddenly feel bittersweet about graduating soon. sigh)

Raj... what can I say? The sweetest angel anyone has ever known. Ever so forgiving, ever so kind, ever so nice. He's one of my bestfriends in school, at church, and in the entire world. He's been there for me through the tough times and has helped me become a much stronger person. I look forward to picking him up every morning to go to school because what better way is there to start the day than with a great friend? He always hops into my car with a great big smile and he's always genuinely happy to see well.. anyone. Haha. Everybody loves Rajwin.

After dinner (while the men were still deep in discussion), Hui Ching and I ran off to snap pictures!! The view was so gorgeous we simply could not resist. Nice nice?? I was using a canon ixus (that girl was using a SLR...dammit) so I had the problem of - if I use flash on my camera, the lights won't come out nice.. and if I don't use flash nothing will show at all.

Anyway, I played around with the manual settings to adjust the shutterspeed... and here's the best I managed.




This is the best I could do... The pictures are blurry because the shutter speed is slow. So in other words, I have to remain perfectly still for almost a minute for the picture to be captured.

Then on the first day of school, after class Raj and I went to visit Pastor Pritam (Raj's uncle) and Aunty Balbir's baby boy!! He's so lovely... I simply just want to carry him and squish him in my arms. Je t'adore!!

Then came CNY. I have read many blog entries on other blogs about CNY and I regret not dedicating much web space to mine.. but I simply have TOO BIG a family and too much going on during the CNY that I don't have time to blog about it or to even take pictures. I did manage to find 1 picture that I snapped at my grandparent's place on the 1st day, though. They just happened to be standing in this formation, allowing me to take a quick picture.

Top row: 2nd aunt's hubby, 2nd aunt, 1st aunt, mom's cousin (my uncle who's like only 27 and hates me calling him uncle)
2nd row: mom, 4th aunt, mom's aunt (the 27 yr old uncle's mom), cousin (2nd aunt's 2nd daughter)

Yes, my chinese family is very traditional and we all address each other by ranks and orders. I think it's pretty cool. I love huge families. This is merely 1/10 of us. Je t'adore!!
On the 2nd day of CNY, ww took me out. Apparently we had arranged to meet up quite some time ago. Since he works in HK and was only coming back for CNY, we agreed to meet on the 2nd day of CNY (which I conveniently forgot).

He called me in the evening and I didn't pick up coz I was napping and I only called him back at 11pm at night (only to wake him up from HIS nap... or was it sleep?). He sleepily reminded me we had a date, to which I assumed was off since it was already near midnight. But somehow we decided to meet anyways and within an hour, I was waving to him out of my bedroom window. That was kinda cool. Lol.

In his car I decided to take pictures. Then I decided to take pictures of him. Then I wanted a cool "hey look, I'm driving" picture, but he kept looking at the camera. So I told him "don't look here, just pretend you're driving". He tried to argue that he really WAS driving and he didn't have to pretend... anyways, long story. But I guess that kinda explains why he looks funny and has a weird grin on his face in this picture.
We headed to the beach but apparently everything was closed on CNY (Why??? CN-why?)... even 7-11 (Why??? CN-why? ---Ok, is this annoying anybody yet?). So I decided to take him to the neighbourhood bar that I always hang at with the boys.

Me: Let's go to High.
Him: High?
Me: Yep, Hi! *waves*
Him: Oh, Hi :) *waves back*


Anyway, here's us at High @ katong... where he ordered Devil's meatballs and couldn't finish them coz apparently the 'hell sauce' was too spicy.



The thing about neighbourhood bars... is that everyone in the neighbourhood goes there. The moment I came home that night, someone messaged me on msn saying he saw me there with ww. But somehow the person didn't come over to say 'hi' at high. (hi at high! Get it?? Hahaha.) Strange.

Ok, now sit at the edge of your seats and hold your breathes for another month. I might upload February pictures soon.

No comments: